Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dead Man's Bones


First off, I was planning on spacing the super off the wall bands out, but this post was mostly typed, and I needed to get something out. And, speaking of needing to get stuff done, as some of you might have noticed, I was just starting to get back to normal yesterday. Well, it turns out that I have a lot more work that I have to complete now...and then I have finals...and then a vacation. So this whole month is going to be busy. I've tried to maintain daily postings, but I don't know if I can keep that up right now. For now, expect a new post every other day. I'll crank out Tues/Thurs/Sat posts if I can get to them. This will also give me more time to get back to all of you on my "off-days". *EDIT* AAAAND as this is being posted on Tues, there may or may not be a Wed post....It'll be a SIR-PRIZE!

Okay, so here's one that I'd be very suprised if anyone had heard of. Dead Man's Bones is a band started by actor Ryan Gosling and his friend Zach Shields with the Silverlake Conservatory Children’s Choir from Los Angeles, California. They only have one self-titled album out.

If you haven't learned by now, I love anything that's odd. A children's choir singing a Halloween themed album is nothing, if not odd. Now the question is, "Is it good?" Well, I certainly liked it enough to post it, but I'll let you decide if you want to actually seek it out, or not.

First up is Loose Your Soul, from their only album, the self-titled, Dead Man's Bones.



And then there's also My Body's A Zombie For You.



I'm going to stop there as there's not that much diversity on this album. If you like these, then you'll like the rest. If it brings back repressed memories of your Kindergarten musical that your parents forced you to participate in, then there's nothing I can really post to change your mind.

17 comments:

  1. wasn't feeling the first video....but wow that 2nd one was eerie/catchy as hell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha never participated in those musicals, so nothing of that sort was conjured up in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apart from the children's choir, there isn't much odd about them, is it there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder why they don't have more than one album. I'm more interested in the background of the band than their music, so it was interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're ok, what you got planned for your vacation?

    ReplyDelete
  6. never heard dead man's bones before but I definitely liked these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice vids!

    http://le-nerd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good songs, glad to hear stuff is getting back to normal, and i wish the best for you. Btw, i'm looking for $upport.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halloween was always my favorite holiday in school, but strangely this music didn't really take me back to that time. It was good, don't get me wrong, alot like Bowie during his moody phase and a decent kids choir. Good stuff! I had no idea Ryan Gosling had any musical inclinations either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what the hell... this music makes me so sad :'(

    Whooo hooo hooo... whooo hooo hooo Hoooo....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds great. Thanks for sharing


    My League of Legends Blog.
    Surrender at 20
    My BM/Metal blog.
    Death with No Redemption

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds pretty good! Following and supporting.

    ReplyDelete