Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fear Itself: Deadpool



So, for anyone that doesn't know, I'm a bit of a Deadpool fanboy. I've been reading the various Deadpool comics for years, and since I'm a broke college student I can't say that I have all the physical issues, but I DO have everything he's apeared in in .CBR format. (.CBR is a file extion for digital comic books....You can read CBR and CBZ files with a number of programs. Personally, I use ComicRack.)

Another comic that I enjoy reading is the webcomic The Adventures of Dr. McNinja. As if the name didn't give it away, the main character is both a doctor, and a ninja. There's also a gorilla secretary, raptors, giant lumberjacks, chainsaw-nunchucks, zombies, a robotic Dracula, et cetera, et cetera. Oh, and if you're keeping track of all the awesome, for a while, at least, the woman that does the coloring for The Venture Brothers also colored Dr. McNinja.

Well, Marvel announced today that Christopher Hastings (The writer of Dr. Mcninja.) will be writing a new Deadpool limited series called Fear Itself. While I have mixed feelings about 9,001 different Deadpool series being launched in the past couple of years, this is one that I simply can't wait for.

18 comments:

  1. awesome, I love Deadpool, especially the ultra violent and nihilistic / breaking the 4th wall ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. deadpool is the best marvel character (at last best male char)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit, Dr.McNinja sounds fucking awesome. I'm writing down that name and making sure I read something with him in it later.

    A fucking raptor secretary?
    Holy crap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deadpool is the best. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deadpool is insane, I don't like it too much

    ReplyDelete
  6. meh, tried him out, but I don´t find him that funny. Maybe I read the wrong comics

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must have hated the Wolverine movie then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of it before, but seems like a cool comic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, what was your take on Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool in the Wolverine movie?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not really into comics, but anything containing a dr.McNinja most definely spikes MY attention!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Banacek & Aaron: As you can guess, I loathe what the did to Deadpool. Even without that, there were many other things that pissed me off about the movie.

    As for Reynolds, I know he hated the character they made, and fought to get get a proper Deadpool movie, so I'm fine with him. Also, while I haven't read the full script, when it got leaked a few months back, I do remember Deadpool turning the movie (Wolverine) off, throwing it in the trash, and then making Hugh Jackman jokes throughout the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe I still have some deadpool comics, that was a bit of an abomination in the wolverine movie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet, might be worth the read, I like Deadpool, but I don't read much of his stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love comics so this is definitely nice post +followed

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeah the wolverine movie sucked for many reasons...and close to the top was what they did to deadpool

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read any comics but some sound really good like Walking Dead (I saw the TV show and thought the comics must be sick!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Deadpool. On a T-Rex. Wearing doctor's robe. Fuck Yeah!

    ReplyDelete