Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Flogging Molly - Speed Of Darkness



As, I'm sure many of you know, I am a huge fan of the Irish punk band, Flogging Molly. Well, as it turns out, their newest album, Speed of Darkness, got released today. While I'm thrilled to have new Molly to listen to, I'd be lying if I said I've instantly fallen in love with it. Speed of Darkness is MUCH softer than the rest of their discography. With that being said, it's by no means bad. Quite the opposite, really. The album is filled with beautiful songs...It's just missing those fun, energetic drinking anthems that I've come to know and love.

So Sail On




The Cradle of Humankind.....I think this has become my favorite on the disk.



This Present State of Grace



There are, perhaps, two or three songs that are somewhat more energetic than what I posted, but nothing that comes anywhere close to the likes of Drunken Lullabies.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't much of Flogging Molly, but this is a side of them I haven't heard of! Pretty mellow stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the worst day since yesterday is the best but not here on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have always liked them and this aswell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my buddy from work just bought tickets for this band. I guess they're touring the US soon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flogging Molly are awesome!! I've been lucky enough to go see them live a few times. Great gigs to get drunk at, have meself a bit of a knees up.

    My favourite album is Swagger.

    Can't wait to get my hands on this album <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flogging molly is awesome.

    ReplyDelete